Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Punctuation: It Isn't Just For Breakfast Anymore

At what point did it become acceptable to avoid using punctuation? And since when can you enter a long series of surnames with commas between them, but no spaces? And why is it okay to write complete sentences without using one uppercase letter? I may have failed the 8th grade spelling bee because of the word "scenario," but I do know that spelling is a lot easier these days with a spellchecker. Use it!!

I do not take e-mails seriously when several words are misspelled, when no punctuation is used, or when consonants and vowels are added or dropped randomly from words. Call me picky, but that is that. So there.

Cyndi
(who is overly fond of the comma and misplaces it regularly)

3 comments:

Randy said...

wright on sinn-Dee!

Cyndi Ingle said...

Randy, Randy. If you used your spell-checker you would have seen that the suggested spelling for my name is actually Cyanide. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Cyndi, Cyndi, Cyndi:

The word PUNctuation starts with "pun". How can we take it seriously? On a more serious note. You do great work with your site. I'm looking forward to using it in the future. I'm a newbee, (did I spell that right}? I Just found your website.

John S.